Pages

Saturday, 20 October 2012

"My Friend" - was a Winner

 for Di's Scrapbooks Challenge


I was thrilled with this win.  Our challenge was to create a page design using the kit supplied which contained Kraft paper, white cardstock, chipboard words "My Friend", two chipboard butterflies, hessian ribbon and chipboard corner embellishments. 

My inspiration came from family history as I used photos of my great great grandfather and his champion draught horse (his friend), as I am fascinated by this man's story and life.  I added a chipboard gate which I converted to a stable door, created my journalling inside a laurel shaped sign to reflect the horse's wins, made some banners and pinwheels in red and blue (the colours of champions) and disguised and trimmed my butterflies in the wheat sheath and the pinwheel cluster.

Nice to see you visit. Cheers, Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.